Step One - Medical, Provisional & Theory Learning - £100
Meet our knowledgeable and experienced staff at our Park Royal office. We'll explain everything about getting your licence, provide expert advice and a well-managed service.
QUICK START PACKAGE includes:
- Medical - a general health check, blood pressure & eyesight (no injections or ECG)
- Our help to complete the Application Forms
- 1st Class pre-paid, addressed envelope
- Easy On-Line Learning - tablet, laptop, computer and an App for your phone - We'll show you how to get best results.
- PASS your theory tests first time
Many people book their
Driving Course on their medical day
then get FREE Driver CPC, Mod 2, Case Study material, including On-Line learning, plus links for Highway Code & Know your Traffic Signs AND official Vocational Driving Manual book Worth over £50
And we won't ask for the rest of your course fee until you are ready to arrange training (after you've passed Multiple Choice & Hazard Perception theory tests)
Want a Package? We can help with everything.
- Medical, Theory & Driver Driving, Driver CPC (& jobs if you've not already got something lined up).
On-Line Theory Learning
- Use a Phone, Tablet, Laptop or Computer
- Official DVSA Material to learn at times to suit you
- Read & Hear Multiple Choice Questions & Answers. English Voice-Over. App available too.
- Easy bite size learning
- Sample Exams & Mock tests
- Hazard Perception Tutorial Videos & hundreds of Practice Test Videos, best viewed on larger screen.
- Unlimited practice
Done your own medical and passed your theory? No Problem, no need to pay for them again. Go straight to STEP THREE or a PACKAGE.
If not already done, then after STEP ONE......
NEXT - Step TWO click for prices and details about arranging theory tests
Hints & Tips to Pass FIRST TIME!
What 5 things must I bring
on my Quick Start day?
- Your Photocard Licence (and your Blue Driver CPC Card if you have one).
If you've an old style paper licence or you've lost your photocard licence please bring photo ID, a passport is ideal.
- Your National Insurance Number
- Your GP's or Group Practice name, address and phone number.
Also bring details of any medication you may be taking.
No GP? Don't worry, we'll find your local GP on the NHS website
and you can register with them afterwards
On Blood Pressure Medication? Bring 3 previous Blood Pressure Readings (all different dates).
Your own recordings are fine, they don't have to be from your GP..
With a Specialist Consultant? Bring your last Consultant/Clinic Letter.
- Your Weight in Kilograms and Height in Centimeters, for the doctor
- If needed, Your Glasses / Contact Lenses (be prepared to take lenses out)
and your Optician's Prescription
i.e. the precise measurements the optician gave you on your last eye test.
Any health issues, medical history or vision check required? If you need a more in-depth examination please consult your own GP, Consultant or Optician.
Before booking click here for general information about assessing your own fitness to drive.
Quick Start Package FAQs
- Do I need to pay DVLA?
No, there is no charge for getting your Provisional unless you are Exchanging an EU licence to a UK licence or you want to Change Your Photo. If you need to do this we'll tell you the correct fee to pay when you are with us. Your cheque or postal order should be made payable to DVLA Swansea.
If you don’t have a cheque book or postal orders we can supply a cheque at an extra cost of £5 (to be paid cash on the day)
- Is there car parking near the Wallace Park Royal office?
We are easy to reach by public transport and there is lots of free on-street parking at the weekends (sorry during the weekday we are unable to offer free parking).
- What if I need to exchange my EU licence into a UK licence - should I do this before attending the Quick Start?
You don't have to exchange your licence before attending, you can change your licence at the same time you apply for provisional HGV/LGV/PCV licence.
DVLA charge £43 to exchange licences. Bring your EU/EEA driving licence and your Passport or EU/EEA National ID card or Biometric Residence Permit and a Passport type & size photograph. You will need send your Identity Documents with your application so we strongly recommend using the Post Office Recorded Delivery Service.
NB: if you cannot provide details of your identity you may also need your photo to be signed by someone who has known you for 2 years in the UK.
- Is there a time limit for submitting my application to DVLA?
After we have completed all the forms they must be sent to DVLA within 3 months, otherwise you will need to take another, more up to date, medical before submitting them.
- What if Park Royal is not convenient for my Quick Start?
Call us. We may be able to offer a medical at a venue closer to you.
- What if I've lost my licence?
Please also bring photo ID (like your passport) and a cheque payable to DVLA Swansea for £20.
- What are the minimum eyesight requirements for HGV/LGV/PCV?
- Will I need to bring a photograph?
Not normally, if you have a valid UK photocard licence you DO NOT NEED a replacement photo.
However, if your existing photo has less than 56 days to run (or you want to change your photo) then please bring a new photo and a £17 cheque payable to DVLA Swansea.
- How long does it take for my licence to be returned? And can I drive in the meantime? What if I am stopped by the police without my licence?
Licences are normally returned in around 5 to 10 days although DVLA say allow up to 28 days. You can drive without your licence as DVLA have a record of your current entitlement on their computer and the authorities can access DVLA's computer if required.
For Prices & Details
click on a photo below
See what our clients have been saying......
We love feedback from our customers
Here are just a small selection of some recent reviews
Passed my practical first time and also the following CPC theory and practical tests.If someone asks me where to go for a truck licence, my answer is 1000 times Wallace School of Transport.They care for you as if you were family. That counts more than anything
Would just like to say thank for your help and great training after what I went through with losing my money though hgv express Wallace really help with a very quick service and a very good service and would like to say a big thank you to James what a brilliant instructor he is had a great three days training and help me pass my test the first time. So a very big thank you to you all at Wallace
- Brigitta Lovick,
I have found everything very efficient, well organised at all times.I mainly dealt with John in the office, who was very patient with me explaining all the ins and outs, so even I can get my head around it! My last instructor was Terry ( Enfield) and his training was absolutely amazing. He cares for his students and wants them to succeed. He put forth all the effort from his part . I enjoyed every minute of it. I highly recommend Wallace for anybody who wishes to further their career by gaining more entitlements on their licence.